All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £27.18
- £137.64Trending at £159.33
- £22.36Trending at £24.29
- £43.13Trending at £46.00
- £56.66Trending at £59.85
- £39.38Trending at £45.90
- £18.99Trending at £24.99
About this product
- Author(s)Arlene W. Keeling,Barbra Mann Wall
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Note33 illustrations
- Author BiographyBarbra Mann Wall, PhD, RN, is a nurse historian known for her studies on women and health care institutions and for her focus on Catholic hospitals and oral histories of retired nurses. Her recent work addresses the history of disaster nursing in the Southwest and the way people interpret disasters of the past. She is associate professor and associate director at the Barbara Bates Center for the Study of the History Nursing, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, with previous faculty positions at Purdue and Duke Universities. She is widely published, with 19 refereed journal articles and 2 books, one of which, Unlikely Entrepreneurs: Catholic Sisters and the Hospital Marketplace, won the 2006 Lavinia Dock Award for Best Book, American Association for the History of Nursing (AAHN). Her newest book, American Catholic Hospitals: A Century of Changing Missions and Markets, is in press with Rutgers University Press. Dr. Wall is a member of Sigma Theta Tau, the American Association for the History of Nursing and Medicine, the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science, and more. She presents at major international and national nursing and women's research meetings and is the recipient of numerous research and program grants, from five to six figures.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.