Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £22.56
- £23.35Trending at £23.74
- £24.81Trending at £27.53
- £40.35Trending at £41.44
- £19.78Trending at £19.99
- £30.00Trending at £43.34
- £18.67Trending at £19.79
About this product
- Author(s)Frank L. Meyskens,Kedar N. Prasad
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleExperimental Biology and Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight538 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Table Of ContentsNutrition and Cancer: An Overview of Present Reality and Future Goals. Mechanisms of Carcinogenesis. Two Operational Modes of Transmembrane Migration of Cyclic GMP Signal Pathway. Mechanisms of Action of Nutrients in Cancer Prevention. Counteractions of Retinoic Acid and Phorbol Ester Tumor Promoter Related to Changes in Protein Kinase Activities. Effect of Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate on Cell Differentiation and Adenylate Cyclase System. Effect of Nutrition on Carcinogenesis: Mechanisms Involving Nitrosamines. Mechanisms in Cancer Prevention by Dietary Antioxidants. Effects of Protease Inhibitors and Vitamin E in the Prevention of Cancer. Carotenoids Inhibit Chemically- and Physically-Induced Neoplastic Transformation During the Post-Initiation Phase of Carcinogenesis. Fatty Acids That Inhibit Cancer: Conjugated Dienoic Derivatives of Linoleic Acid. The Usefulness of In Vitro Assays and Animal Experiments in the Design of Chemopreventive Protocols with Beta-Carotene and Vitamin A on Tobacco Chewers. Dietary Modulation of Tobacco-Specific Carcinogen Activation. Mechanisms of Specific Nutrients in the Prevention of Cancer. Preclinical Studies in Cancer Prevention and Treatment. Reduction of Ultraviolet-Induced Immunosuppression and Enhanced Resistance to Ultraviolet-Induced Tumors by Retinyl Palmitate and Canthaxanthin. Retinoids and Prevention of Experimental Cancer. Selenium and Vitamin E in Cancer Prevention. Vitamin B6 and Cancer. Clinical Studies in Cancer Prevention and Treatment. The Nutritional Causes of Large-Bowel Cancer: Data from the Melbourne Colorectal Cancer Study and a 25-Year World Literature Overview, 1965-1989. An Intermediate Evaluation of the Nutrition Intervention Trials in Linxian, China. Control of Human Preneoplasia with Retinoids and Other Compounds. Carotenoids in Cancer Chemoprevention and Synergism with Retinol in Mastalgia Treatment. Adjuvant Immunotherapy of Breast Cancer: Prototypic Observations with Alpha-Tocopherol and Retinol.Vitamin B-6 and B-1 Status During Hormone Therapy of Gynecological Cancer. Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.