CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.20
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £11.04
- £14.99Trending at £16.99
- £14.87Trending at £16.68
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.01
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on core nutrition principles and their personal applications while offering coverage of the biological foundations of nutrition without assuming previous knowledge. This text dispels students' existing misconceptions, and empowers them to make better nutrition choices and enact real, lasting behavior change.
- Author BiographyEllie Whitney, Ph.D. grew up in New York City and received her BA and PhD degrees in English and Biology at Harvard and Washington Universities. She taught at both Florida State University and Florida A&M University, wrote newspaper columns on environmental matters for the TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT, and coauthored almost a dozen college textbooks on nutrition, health, and related topics--many of which repeatedly reappear as new editions. She spent three decades exploring outdoor Florida and studying its ecology, and then co-wrote PRICELESS FLORIDA: NATURAL ECOSYSTEMS AND NATIVE SPECIES (Pineapple Press, 2004). Now retired, and more concerned about climate change than any other issue, she volunteers full-time for the nonpartisan national nonprofit Citizens Climate Lobby. Frances Sizer, M.S., RD, FADA, is certified as a charter Fellow of the American Dietetic Association. She is also a founding member and vice president of Nutrition and Health Associates, a Florida-based information and resource center that maintains an online bibliographic database tracking system that conducts research in more than 1,000 topic areas of nutrition. In addition to the best-selling NUTRITION: CONCEPTS AND CONTROVERSIES, Sizer was a primary author of the first ever instructional and animated NUTRITION INTERACTIVE CD-ROM (Cengage Wadsworth). Her previous publications include NUTRITION CLINICS, a monograph series for health professionals, and the college text THE FITNESS TRIAD: MOTIVATION, TRAINING, AND NUTRITION. In addition to writing, enjoying her family, and schooling her horse in dressage, Sizer is also an active board member of ECHO, a local hunger and homelessness relief organization in her community. Sizer received her B.S. and M.S. in nutrition from Florida State University.
- Author(s)Ellie Whitney,Frances Sizer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date24/03/2017
- Weight1600 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 13th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.