CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £9.94Trending at £10.11
- £24.18Trending at £26.17
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £32.74Trending at £33.31
About this product
- DescriptionEvaluates scientific data and prudent recommendations for individuals who want to modify their diet for optimal health or exercise/ sport performance. This title uses a question-answer approach, which is convenient to refer while riding a bus or during a lunch break.
- Author BiographyMelvin Williams is the Director of Human Performance Laboratory at Old Dominion University, and has more than 30 years of lab research with a focus on the role of nutrition in sports. He has written and edited five books on ergogenic aids and the role of nutrition in sports -- his two latest books are The Ergogenics Edge: Pushing the Limits of Sports Performance (Human Kinetics) and Nutrition for Health, Fitness, and Sports, Sixth Edition (McGraw-Hill). He earned a B.S. from East Stroudsburg State College (1962), a Master of Education degree from Ohio University (1963), and a Ph.D. from the University of Maryland (1968), with a doctoral dissertation on the effects of alcohol as a possible means to enhance strength and endurance. He's an accomplished marathon runner, placing first in his age group numerous times in the Marine Corps Marathon, which merited his selection in the Marine Corps Marathon Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Author(s)Dawn Anderson,Eric Rawson,Melvin H. Williams
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight1415 g
- Width231 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement10th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.