CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £14.90Trending at £15.11
- £9.40Trending at £13.03
- £9.60Trending at £11.22
- £16.70Trending at £21.79
- £15.55Trending at £19.12
- £13.65Trending at £14.19
- £18.71Trending at £19.03
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number105
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1679 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byMendel Friedman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
- Table Of Contents1. Position Paper on RDA for Protein for Children.- 2. Chilean Experience with Fortified Children's Formulas.- 3. Improvement of the Protein Quality of Corn with Soybean Protein.- 4. Animal and Human Feeding Studies on the Biological Availability of Protein in Supplements.- 5. Effect of Nitrogen Retention by Adults of Different Proportions of Indispensable Amino Acids in Isonitrogenous Cereal-Based Diets.- 6. Comparative Protein Quality as Measured by Human and Small Animal Bioassays of Three Lines of Winter Wheat.- 7. Urea as a Dietary Supplement for Humans.- 8. Nutritional Consequences of Excess Amino Acid Intake.- 9. Hair as an Index of Protein Malnutrition.- 10. The Problem of Curvature in Slope Assays for Protein Quality.- 11. Defining Dietary Plant Fibers in Human Nutrition.- 12. Photosynthesis and Increased Production of Protein.- 13. Control through Breeding Methods of Factors Affecting Nutritional Quality of Cereals and Grain Legumes.- 14. Methods for Improving Cereal Protein Quality.- 15. The Current Status of Breeding for Protein Quality in Corn.- 16. Improvement of Wheat Protein Quality and Quantity by Breeding.- 17. Protein Quality of Induced High Lysine Mutants in Barley.- 18. Potential for Improving Cottonseed Quality by Genetic and Agronomic Practices.- 19. The Nutritive Value of Mixed Proteins.- 20. Some Thoughts on Amino Acid Supplementation of Proteins in Relation to Improvement of Protein Nutriture.- 21. Nutritional Evaluation of Dry-Roasted Navy Bean Flour and Mixtures with Cereal Proteins.- 22. Nutritional Evaluation of Oilseeds and Legumes as Protein Supplements to Cereals.- 23. Amino Acid Supplementation of Isolated Soybean Protein in Milk Replacers for Preruminant Lambs.- 24. The Nutritive Value of Faba Beans and Low Glucosinolate Rapeseed Meal for Swine.- 25. Production of Animal Protein from Nonprotein Nitrogen Chemicals.- 26. Analysis for Availability of Amino Acid Supplements in Foods and Feeds: Biochemical and Nutritional Implications.- 27. N-Substituted Lysines as Sources of Lysine in Nutrition.- 28. Bioavailability of Acetylated Derivatives of Methionine, Threonine, and Lysine.- 29. A Method for Improving the Nutritional Value of Food Proteins: Covalent Attachment of Amino Acids.- 30. Inhibition of Lysinoalanine Synthesis by Protein Acylation.- 31. Microbial Production of Essential Amino Acids with Corynebacterium Glutamicum Mutants.- 32. Nutritional Improvement of Food Proteins by Means of the Plastein Reaction and its Novel Modification.- 33. Potential for the Use of Germinated Wheat and Soybeans to Enhance Human Nutrition.- 34. Improving Protein Quality of Bread-Nutritional Benefits and Realities.- 35. Fortification of Soft Drinks with Protein from Cottage Cheese Whey.- 36. Soy Protein Utilization in Food Systems.- 37. Cottonseed Protein Derivatives as Nutritional and Functional Supplements in Food Formulations.- 38. Yeast Proteins: Recovery, Nutritional and Functional Properties.- 39. Design and Assembly of an Inexpensive, Automated Microprobe Amino Acid Analyzer: Separation and Quan-Titation of Amino Acids in Physiological Fluid.- 40. Glossary of Abbreviations and Definitions of Nutritional Terms.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.