All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 38 black & white tables
- Weight766 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edited byEric C. Westman,G. Michael Steelman
- Contained items statementContains 1 Book and 1 Other digital carrier
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsObesity: The Scope of a Growing Problem Harold C. Seim Etiologies of Obesity Larry A. Richardson Health Hazards of Obesity G. Michael Steelman Evaluation of the Obese Patient G. Michael Steelman and James T. Cooper Dietary Treatment of the Obese Individual Eric C. Westman, Mary C. Vernon, and James A. Wortman The Role of Physical Activity in the Treatment of the Obese Individual Deborah Bade Horn Behavioral Modification Erin Chamberlin Pharmacotherapy Ed J. Hendricks Maintenance of Weight Loss Scott Rigden Surgical Treatment of the Obese Individual John B. Cleek and Eric C. Westman Medical Treatment of Pediatric Obesity Eric C. Westman Binge Eating Disorder (BED): Etiology, Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment Ralph Carson Current Research and Future Hope Frank L. Greenway and Steven R. Smith Appendix A: Notes on Nutrition for Obesity Medicine Jeffrey D. Lawrence Appendix B: Behavioral Modification Attachments Erin Chamberlin Appendix C: ASBP Algorithm
- Author BiographyEdited by G. Michael Steelman, MD, FASBP, is board certified in bariatric medicine, family practice, anti-aging medicine, and neuro-linguistic programming. Dr. Steelman is the past president of The American Society of Bariatric Physicians. He served on the advisory board of the American Obesity Association, was Medical Director of Eating Disorders at Mercy Health System of Oklahoma, and to C. Everett Koop, the former Surgeon General. Dr. Steelman has worked in private practice for over 30 years and runs the renowned Steelman Clinic in Oklahoma City. He was editor of The American Journal of Bariatric Medicine and was twice named Bariatrician of the Year by the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. Eric C. Westman, MD, MHS, is an associate professor of medicine and director of the Lifestyle Medicine Clinic at Duke University Health System in Durham, North Carolina. Dr. Westman received his medical degree from the University of Wisconsin and completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Kentucky. He also received a master's degree in biostatistics during a General Medicine Fellowship at Duke University Medical Center. He is a fellow of The Obesity Society and the Society of General Internal Medicine. Dr. Westman is Chairman of the Board of the Obesity Medicine Association (formerly ASBP), and has received the Steelman-Seim Educator Award for advancing the cause of health care through education and teaching. He is board certified in obesity medicine and internal medicine.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £64.15Trending at £78.70
- £25.00Trending at £38.28
- £68.08Trending at £68.81
- £14.52Trending at £18.55
- £17.90Trending at £19.89
- £28.56Trending at £32.24
- £29.31Trending at £31.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.