Save on Adult Learning & University
- £20.80Trending at £21.95
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleBoston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science
- Series Part/Volume Number232
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note8 Illustrations, black and white; X, 357 p. 8 illus.
- Weight569 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMaria Carla Galavotti
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
- Table Of ContentsForeword; M.C. Galavotti. From Theory to Experiment and Back Again; P. Suppes. Naive Probability; P. Legrenzi. From Theory to Experiments and Back Again... and Back Again... Comments on Patrick Suppes; L. Szabo. Emergence and Future of Experimental Economics; R. Selten. Rationality in Experimental Economics: An Analysis of Reinhard Selten's Approach; W. Gonzalez. Experiments, Heuristics and Social Diversity: A Comment on Reinhard Selten; R. Scazzieri. Where Do New Ideas Come From? A Heuristics of Discovery in the Cognitive Sciences; G. Gigerenzer. Comments on Gerd Gigerenzer; D. Papineau. On the Concept of Discovery. Comments on Gerd Gigerenzer; J. Peijnenburg. Styles of Experimentation; U. Klein. On French Concepts and Objects. Comments on Ursula Klein; A. Baltas. Some Comments on 'Styles of Experimentation' by Ursula Klein; D. Gillies. Improving 'Styles of Experimentation'. A Comment on Ursula Klein; G. Irzik. Experiments and Thought Experiments in Natural Science; D. Atkinson. The Advantage of Theft over Honest Toil. Comments on David Atkinson; D. Andler. Thinking About Thought Experiments in Physics. Comment on 'Experiments and Thought Experiments in Natural Science'; M. Redei. The Dynamics of Thought Experiments. A Comment on David Atkinson; M. Stoltzner. An Attempt at a Philosophy of Experiment; G. Hon. An Attempt at a Philosophy of Experimental Error. A Comment on Giora Hon; R. Campaner. 0 Happy Error. A Comment on Giora Hon; G. Wolters. Bayesian Evidence; C. Howson. On Bayesian Logic. Comments on Colin Howson; I.E.J. Douven. On Bayesian Induction (and Pythagoric Arithmetic); P.Garbolino. Probability and Logic. Comments on Colin Howson; I. Niiniluoto. Index of Names.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.