All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £10.54Trending at £10.86
- £14.90Trending at £15.06
- £19.59Trending at £26.31
- £9.10Trending at £9.52
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £12.17Trending at £13.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis title was first published in 1759 in London. It is the first comprehensive documentation of an epidemiological nature, in English, in the Caribbean, and justifies the title 'first Caribbean epidemiologist' for Dr Hillary. He made rigourous observations and clear deductions that have stood the test of time surprisingly well.
- Author BiographyJ. Edward Hutson is a retired medical practitioner. He lives in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and has written several articles for medical journals. He retired from family practice in 1996 and pursued his interest in West Indian history, editing and annotating Richard Ligon's 1657 True and Exact History of the Island of Barbadoes, Sir Henry Colt's manuscript Voyage to the Islands of Barbados and St Christopher and a collection of eyewitness observations, The English Civil War in Barbados. More recently he edited a collection of historical medical monographs, On the Treatment and Management of the More Common West India-Diseases, 1750-1802. Henry Fraser is Professor Emeritus, University of the West Indies, Barbados. He was founding director, Chronic Disease Research Centre, University of the West Indies (1992-2005), and Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences in Barbados from 2001 until retirement in 2010. He has also been an active writer, artist, public orator, architectural historian and conservationist. His publications include more than one hundred peer-reviewed medical and scientific papers, hundreds of articles and newspaper columns, and several books, including Treasures of Barbados, Illustrious West Indians , and the co-authored Historic Houses of Barbados and A-Z of Barbados Heritage .
- Author(s)William Hillary
- PublisherUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Edited byHenry Fraser,J. Edward Hutson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.