All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £5.54Trending at £5.60
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionToday we are all familiar with the iconic pictures of the nebulae produced by the Hubble Space Telescope's digital cameras. This book sheds entirely new light on the ways in which the production and reception of hand-drawn images of the nebulae in the nineteenth century contributed to astronomical observation.
- Author BiographyOmar W. Nasim is a senior research fellow at the Chair for Science Studies at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, a member of the Iconic Criticism project at the University of Basel, and the author of Bertrand Russell and the Edwardian Philosophers.
- Author(s)Omar W. Nasim
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note85 halftones
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.