Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a multidisciplinary and observational approach to introduce the physical processes that drive ocean biogeochemistry and global climate change.
- Author BiographyRic Williams is a Professor of Ocean Sciences at Liverpool University. He has worked on a wide range of research problems in Ocean Sciences: how the ocean circulates, how heat is transported, how the supply of nutrients sustains phytoplankton growth and how carbon is partitioned between the atmosphere and ocean. He teaches two courses to undergraduates, 'Climate, Atmospheres and Oceans' and 'Ocean Dynamics'. Mick Follows obtained a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Sciences from the University of East Anglia in 1991. After a year as a Royal Society Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Chemistry in Mainz, Germany, he moved to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he is now a Senior Research Scientist in the Department for Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences. His research is focused on understanding the interplay of physical, chemical and biological processes which determines the distributions and fluxes of elements in the ocean.
- Author(s)Michael J. Follows,Richard G. Williams
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2011
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note286 b/w illus. 16 colour illus. 15 tables 50 exercises
- Weight970 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.32
- £28.98Trending at £33.09
- £13.79Trending at £20.06
- £20.62Trending at £30.09
- £4.45Trending at £5.00
- £9.21Trending at £12.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.