All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree years in the life of Homer 'Sonny' Hickam, from the moment he sees the Sputnik satellite overhead in West Virginia to his successful launch of a prizewinning rocket. A nostalgic and lyrical memoir of growing up in rural West Virginia in the 1950s and one boy's dream to rival the Russians in the race for space.
- Author BiographyUnusually for 50s' West Viriginia, all the Rocket Boys went to college and on to professional careers. Homer Hickam, 21 years after the BCMA fired its final rocket, joined NASA as an engineer at the Marshall Space Flights Centre from which he retired in 1997.
- Author(s)Homer Hickam
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- GenreAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/12/2015
- Weight306 g
- Width144 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £10.17Trending at £11.02
- £8.40Trending at £11.17
- £4.95Trending at £6.29
- £4.88Trending at £5.98
- £6.97Trending at £8.93
- £4.45Trending at £6.98
- £9.59Trending at £13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.