Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionContains the papers published by A Borel from 1983 to 1999. This volume concludes with an essay on H Poincare and special relativity. Some comments on, and corrections to, a number of papers have been added.
- Author BiographyArmand Borel (21 May 1923 -11 August 2003) was a Swiss mathematician, born in La Chaux-de-Fonds, and served as a professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, United States from 1957 to 1993. From 1983 to 1986 he also served as a professor at the ETH Zurich. He primarily worked on algebraic topology and on the theory of Lie groups, and was one of the founders of the contemporary theory of linear algebraic groups. In 1992 he was awarded the Balzan Prize in recognition of his contributions to the field.
- Author(s)Armand Borel
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/11/2013
- Language(s)English & German
- Series TitleSpringer Collected Works in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1110 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition StatementReprint 2013 of the 2001 edition.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.