All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.42Trending at £13.02
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.50Trending at £8.00
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the revolutionary newness of biblical theology against a background of the polytheism. This book offers readers an understanding of Egyptian polytheism and elaborates on the concept of the Mosaic distinction, which conceives an emphatic Truth that sets religion apart from beliefs shunned as superstition, paganism, or heresy.
- Author BiographyJan Assmann is professor emeritus of Egyptology at the University of Heidelberg. He is also Honorary Professor of Cultural Theory at Konstanz University and has been a visiting professor at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris, Yale University, the University of Chicago, and the Hebrew University, Jerusalem. A prize-winning scholar, he has published extensively on religious history and ancient Egypt.
- Author(s)Jan Assmann
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleGeorge L. Mosse Series In Modern European Cultural and Intellectual History
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.