All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Anne Hardy,Iris Borowy
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2008
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight300 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Iris Borowy: Introduction - Socrates Litsios: Selskar `Mike' Gunn and Public Health Reform in Europe - Erik Ingebrigtsen: Bela Johan (1889-1983) and Public Health in Inter-war Hungary - Zeljko Dugac: Andrija Stampar (1888-1958): Resolute Fighter for Health and Social Justice - Zoe Sprigings: Melville Mackenzie (1889-1972). `Feed the people and prevent disease, and be damned to their politics.' - Anne Hardy: Actions not Words. Thorvald Madsen, Denmark, and International Health. 1902-1939 - Iris Borowy: In the Shadow of Grotjahn. German Social Hygienists in the International Health Scene - Esteban Rodriguez-Ocana/Iris Borowy: Gustavo Pittaluga (1876-1956). Science as a Weapon for Social Reform in a Time of Crisis - Patrick Zylberman: A Posthumous Audit. Medical Biography and the Social History of Medicine.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Iris Borowy studied at the Universities of Tubingen (Germany) and Maryland (USA). She has taught twentieth century history at the University of Rostock (Germany) since 1998. Anne Hardy was educated at Oxford (England) and joined the staff of the Wellcome Institute in 1990. She is currently Professor of the History of Modern Medicine and Deputy Director of the Wellcome Trust Center for the History of Medicine at University College London. Both editors are on the Scientific Board of the European Association for History of Medicine and Health.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £35.98Trending at £36.67
- £12.42Trending at £17.90
- £24.40Trending at £26.95
- £27.06Trending at £29.68
- £20.63Trending at £28.99
- £8.49Trending at £10.45
- £8.90Trending at £13.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.