CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.58
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a full historical account of the evolution of the oil transport industry since the 1800's. It examines the industry and describes the shipping market and its structure as well as forecasting, location plan, and the transportation chain.
- Author BiographyVenus Y.H. Lun is Director of Shipping Research Centre, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. Her research papers have appeared in various journals such as Expert Systems with Applications, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal Production Research, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Transport Reviews, and others. She has co-authored several books published by McGraw-Hill, VDM, and Springer. Olli-Pekka Hilmola is working as a Professor in Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT), in Kouvola, Finland. He is affiliated with numerous international journals through editorial boards, including Baltic Journal of Management, Industrial Management and Data Systems, Decision Support Systems, and International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. He has published more than 100 refereed journal manuscripts. Alexandros Goulielmos has been Professor of Marine Economics in the Department of Maritime Studies, University of Piraeus, Greece, since 1998. He pioneered the application of chaos and complexity theory to maritime economics and shipping company management. He is the author of 14 books and over 40 papers. In 1993 to 1995, he was appointed General Secretary of the Greek Shipping Ministry. He obtained his PhD in the economics of second hand prices from Brunel University, where he was a reader and an associate professor between 1992 and 1998. Kee-hung Lai is Associate Professor with a research interest in logistics management in the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. He has co-authored three books and his research papers have appeared in various journals such as California Management Review, Communications of the ACM, Journal of Business Logistics, and others. T.C. Edwin Cheng is Dean of the Faculty of Business and Chair Professor of Management in the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. His research interests are in operations management and operations research. He has published over 520 papers in such journals as Management Science, MIS Quarterly, Operations Research, Organization Science, and others. He has co-authored ten books published by Chapman and Hall, McGraw-Hill, and Springer.
- Author(s)Alexander M. Goulielmos,Kee-Hung Lai,Olli-Pekka Hilmola,T. C. Edwin Cheng,Y. H. Venus Lun,Y.H. Venus Lun
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2012
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleShipping and Transport Logistics
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight339 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.