Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.22
- £9.24Trending at £9.37
- £26.45Trending at £26.75
- £14.51Trending at £17.13
- £18.89Trending at £20.46
- £24.81Trending at £26.06
- £18.40Trending at £20.07
About this product
- DescriptionAs the median age of the population increases, the care and housing of the elderly in the U.S. are of increasing concern. Jeanie Kayser-Jones compares a typical private institution in the U.S. with a government-owned home in Scotland. Her analysis compels attention to the systematic abuse of the institutionalized elderly in the U.S.
- Author BiographyJeanie Schmit Kayser-Jones is Professor of Medical Anthropology and Gerontological Nursing at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Author(s)Jeanie Schmit Kayser-Jones
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication10/09/1990
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleComparative Studies of Health Systems & Medical Care
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight59 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.