All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.33Trending at £23.90
- £66.16Trending at £92.81
- £9.68Trending at £10.05
- £14.25Trending at £14.98
- £16.59Trending at £25.28
- £22.22Trending at £23.50
- £10.38Trending at £10.88
About this product
- Author(s)Jennifer W. Kyker
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAfrican Expressive Cultures
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note30 b&w illus.
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgements Introduction: The Art of Determination1. Hwaro/Foundations2. Performing the Nation's History3. Singing Hunhu after Independence4. Neria: Singing the Politics of Inheritance5. Return to Dande6. Listening as Politics7. What Shall We Do?: Music, Dialogue, and HIV/AIDS8. Listening in the WildernessConclusion: I Have Finished My Portion of the FieldNotesBibliographyIndex
- Author BiographyJennifer W. Kyker holds a joint appointment as Assistant Professor of Ethnomusicology at Eastman School of Music and the College of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering at the University of Rochester.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.