Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.47Trending at £12.98
- £11.96Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £13.78
- £3.99Trending at £6.98
- £11.33Trending at £14.48
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores sporting mega-events, their social, political, and cultural characters, the value systems that they inscribe and draw on, the claims they make on us and the claims the organisers make for them, the spatial and ethical relationships they create, and the responses of civil societies to them.
- Author BiographyANNE-MARIE BROUDEHOUX Professor in the School of Design at the University of Quebec at Montreal, Canada PIETRO CARATTI was former Senior Research Fellow at FEEM (Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei) and now works for the Presidency of the Lombardy Region, Italy EGIDIO DANSERO Associate Professor, Faculty of Political Science, University of Turin, Italy HUGH DAUNCEY Senior Lecturer at Newcastle University, UK BARBARA DEL CORPO Graduate in International Relations of the Faculty of Political Science, University of Turin, Italy and is a collaborator with the University's OMERO (Olympics and Mega Events Research Observatory) group LUDOVICO FERRAGUTO Research Fellow at Rome-based I-COM, Italy JOHN HORNE Professor of Sport and Sociology at the University of Central Lancashire, UK ALFREDO MELA Professor in the Faculty of Architecture at the Politecnico di Torino, Italy ARTHUR P. J. MOL Professor in Environmental Policy at Wageningen University, The Netherlands JEAN-FRANCOIS POLO Lecturer in Political Science at IEP Rennes, France XAVIER RENOU Activist and researcher. He is the founder of Les Desobeissants, an informal network of activists, based in France IRENE ROPOLO Collaborator with the University of Turin's OMERO (Olympics and Mega Events Research Observatory) group DAVID WHITSON Professor in the Department of Political Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada LEI ZHANG Assistant Professor in the Environmental Policy Research Group, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleGlobal Culture and Sport Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXIII, 292 p.
- Weight592 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byGraeme Hayes,John Karamichas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.