All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOmens of Adversity is a profound critique of postcolonial temporality. David Scott argues that the palpable sense of the present as time stalled, without hope for emancipatory futures, has had far-reaching effects on how we think about justice and the nature of political action.
- Author BiographyDavid Scott is Professor of Anthropology at Columbia University. He is the author of Conscripts of Modernity: The Tragedy of Colonial Enlightenment and the editor of Small Axe: A Caribbean Journal of Criticism, both also published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)David Scott
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £20.17
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £13.01Trending at £14.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.