All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo novels set in 1920s Yorkshire, by the author of Madeleine and Cara's Land . In Opal , a small, tough beauty fights to save her family from being destroyed by drudgery and poverty. Doctor Rose tells of a young woman's struggle to establish herself as a doctor in an industrial town.
- Author BiographyElvi Rhodes was born and educated in Yorkshire, and now lives on the Sussex coast. She is the author of many bestselling novels including Opal, Doctor Rose, Ruth Appleby, The Golden Girls, Madeleine, The House of Bonneau, Cara's Land, The Rainbow Through the Rain, The Bright One, The Mountain, Portrait of Chloe, Spring Music, Midsummer Meeting, The Birthday Party, Mulberry Lane, A Blessing In Disguise and The Apple Tree. A collection of stories, Summer Promise and Other Stories, is also published by Corgi Books.
- Author(s)Elvi Rhodes
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/1992
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date10/01/2005
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.81
- £5.96Trending at £6.28
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.66Trending at £5.40
- £4.77Trending at £4.96
- £7.96Trending at £8.96
- £4.69Trending at £4.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.