Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.03
- £17.70Trending at £25.48
- £20.30Trending at £27.00
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £24.99Trending at £30.38
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first critical edition of the first and second Epistles of the Brethren Purity-the Rasa 'il-in Arabic with a fully annotated English translation. It presents technical and epistemic analyses of mathematical concepts and their metaphysical bases, and an overview of the mathematical sciences within Islamic intellectual milieu.
- Author BiographyNader El-Bizri is the General Editor of the Epistles of the Brethren of Purity series. He is a Reader at the University of Lincoln, a Chercheur Associe at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) in Paris, and a Visiting Research Associate in Philosophy at the Institute of Ismaili Studies, London. He is co-editor of a book series in Phenomenology (Kluwer Academic Publishers), and the Editor of the 'Islam' division of the Springer Encyclopedia of Sciences and Religions. He is the author of The Phenomenological Quest between Avicenna and Heidegger (New York, 2000), and the editor of The Ikhwan al-Safa?' and their Rasa'il (London-New York: OUP-IIS, 2008), and of Roshdi Rashed's Founding Figures and Commentators in Arabic Mathematics: A History of Arabic Sciences and Mathematics, Volume 1 (London: Routledge, 2011).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- Language(s)Arabic & English
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEpistles of the Brethren of Purity
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight728 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byNader El-Bizri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.