All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £5.54Trending at £5.60
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely revised and updated edition of the guide for local historians.
- Author BiographyCarol Kammen has written and lectured about local history for many years. She has taught local history at Tompkins Cortland Community College and is now a senior lecturer at Cornell University, where she gives a course on Cornell history. In addition she has written three books about the history of her county, including What they Wrote (1978) and The Peopling of Tompkins County: A Social History (1985). The first edition of On Doing Local History (1986) was followed by Pursuit of Local History (1996) and the Encyclopedia of Local History (2000), which she co-edited with Norma Prendergast. In addition, she has written a dozen historical dramas that have been performed in Ithaca and regionally. Two, Escape to the North and The Day the Women Met, have been performed for 18,000 school children. For five years she wrote articles for New York History about doing history in New York State, and since 1995 she has written the editorials for History News, the quarterly of the American Association for State and Local History. She is a graduate of The George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and currently lives above Cayuga's waters with her husband, also a historian, and a feline companion, Carrie Chapman Catt.
- Author(s)Carol Kammen
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication09/01/2003
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date14/12/2015
- Content Notebibliog , index
- Weight331 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byTerry A. Barnhart
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.