All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.83
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.27Trending at £9.98
- £7.33Trending at £7.91
- £7.19Trending at £9.98
- £7.25Trending at £7.51
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Carlyle's On Heroes, Hero Worship, and the Heroic in History considers how heroes are created and conveys his ideas on the importance of heroic leadership. In six reevaluative essays, the authors argue that Carlyle's concept of heroism actually repudiates its own authoritarian roots and stresses the hero's spiritual dimension.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Sorensen is professor of English at Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia. Brent E. Kinser is associate professor of English at Western Carolina University.
- Author(s)Thomas Carlyle
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- Series TitleRethinking the Western Tradition
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight403 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Edited byBrent E. Kinser,David R. Sorensen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.