All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £4.44Trending at £8.00
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
About this product
- Author(s)Allen J. Scott
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication16/12/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note29 line illus. 30 tables.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Figures vii List of Tables ix Preface xi CHAPTER ONE: Preliminary Arguments: Culture, Economy, and the City 1 CHAPTER TWO: Origins and Early Growth of the Hollywood Motion Picture Industry 11 CHAPTER THREE: A New Map of Hollywood 35 CHAPTER FOUR: The Other Hollywood: Television Program Production 61 CHAPTER FIVE: Dream Factories: Studios, Soundstages, and Sets 79 CHAPTER SIX: The Digital Visual Effects Industry 95 CHAPTER SEVEN: Local Labor Markets in Hollywood 117 CHAPTER EIGHT: Hollywood in America and the World: Distribution and Markets 138 CHAPTER NINE: Cinema, Culture, Globalization 159 References 177 Index 189
- Author BiographyAllen J. Scott is Professor of Policy Studies and Geography at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is a former Guggenheim Fellow and a corresponding fellow of the British Academy. In 2003, he was awarded the Prix Vautrin Lud.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.