CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £9.88Trending at £11.14
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of On Liberty is the first to combine John Stuart Mill's influential work with a set of relevant primary sources by Mill and his contemporaries. Alan Kahan's introduction provides background on 19th century British politics and society; intriguing biographical details; and discussion of the core issues that On Liberty addresses.
- Author BiographyALAN S. KAHAN (Ph.D., University of Chicago) is the author of Aristocratic Liberalism: The Social and Political Thought of Jacob Burckhardt, John Stuart Mill and Alexis de Tocqueville, and of Liberalism in Nineteenth-Century Europe: The Political Culture of Limited Suffrage. He has translated de Tocqueville's The Old Regime and the Revolution, and co-edited The Tocqueville Reader. He has taught at the University of Chicago, Rice University, and Florida International University, and has been the recipient of a National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship. He is currently working on a book about intellectuals and capitalism.
- Author(s)Alan Kahan,John Stuart Mill
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Weight202 g
- Width136 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.