All listings for this product
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £9.00Trending at £9.98
- £6.06Trending at £6.72
- £38.07Trending at £40.28
- £6.24Trending at £7.25
- £18.09Trending at £19.13
- £6.33Trending at £6.68
- £10.89Trending at £15.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis in-depth study presents a detailed analysis and critique of Schacht's Origins of Muhammadan Jurisprudence. Azami's work examines the sources used by Schacht and exposes fundamental flaws in Schacht's methodology. This book is an important contribution to Islamic legal studies from an Islamic perspective.
- Author BiographyDr Muhammad Mustafa al-Azami is Professor of Hadith Science at King Saud University, where he has taught since 1973. He obtained his Ph.D. in Islamic Studies from Cambridge University in 1967, and studied at al-Azhar University in Egypt and Dar-al-Ulum in India. He is the author of numerous books and articles on early 'hadith'. In 1980 he received the prestigious King Faisal Award for his research and presentations on the 'Sunna'.
- Author(s)Muhammad Mustafa Azami
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication30/06/1996
- Language(s)Arabic & English
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Content Noteindex, bibliography
- Weight440 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.