All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £3.65
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-five languages die each year; at this pace, half the world's five thousand languages will disappear within the next century. This book intends to make clear the magnitude of the cultural loss represented by the crisis of language death.
- Author BiographyClaude Hagege is the Chair of Linguistic Theory at the College de France in Paris. He is the author of more than fifteen books and the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including the Gold Medal from Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique. Jody Gladding is an award-winning poet and translator, and author of Stone Crop, which appeared in the Yale Younger Poets Series.
- Author(s)Claude Hagege
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- Series TitleOdile Jacob Series
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight430 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byJody Gladding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.