All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the cynical divorce lawyer Thomas Clarin finds himself at a table on the terrace of the Bellavista Hotel beside Thomas Loos, an eccentric, ageing philologist, they strike up an unlikely conversation. Soon Clarin's questions tease out stories from Loos' past, and as both men slowly reveal more of themselves.
- Author BiographyMarkus Werner is a multi-award-winning Swiss author, who published his first novel in 1984. On the Edge is the first of his novels to be translated into English. He has won twelve literary awards and prizes since the publication of his first book, Zundels Abgang. Robert E. Goodwin is a member of the faculty at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY. He is the author of The Playworld of Sanskrit Drama and translator of Rudiger Safranski's Romanticism: A German Affair, forthcoming from Northwestern University Press. He currently lives in upstate New York.
- Author(s)Markus Werner
- PublisherHaus Publishing
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHaus Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Translated byRobert E. Goodwin
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £6.81
- £9.06Trending at £10.43
- £4.50Trending at £7.98
- £4.66Trending at £7.98
- £4.59Trending at £8.48
- £4.95Trending at £7.98
- £7.36Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.