Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.99
- £21.14Trending at £24.98
- £15.56Trending at £17.98
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £7.81Trending at £10.98
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
About this product
- DescriptionBig business, financial institutions, and capitalist powers have wreaked much havoc on the Third World in the name of development. This book imagines development through an imaginative exploration of some of the many ways that culture can recenter resistance, suggest alternative models, and advance critiques of development as it is practiced.
- Author BiographyKum-Kum Bhavnani is Professor of Sociology and Director of the program in Women, Culture, and Development at the University of California, Santa Barbara. John Foran is Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Priya Kurian teaches environmental politics and media and politics at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. Debashish Munshi teaches Management Communication at the University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2009
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Development and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDebashish Munshi,John Foran,Kum-Kum Bhavnani,Priya Kurian
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.