All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Filiz Garip
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitlePrinceton Analytical Sociology Series
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note9 halftones. 16 line illus. 5 tables. 4 maps.
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations ix List of Tables xi Acknowledgments xiii Introduction 1 1 Why Do People Migrate? Identifying Diverse Mechanisms of Migration 10 2 Go Work Over There and Come Do Something Here Circular Migrants 39 3 We Leave to Help Our Parents Economically Crisis Migrants 67 4 Your Place Is Where Your Family Is Family Migrants 95 5 Putting Down Roots Urban Migrants 122 6 Where Do We Go from Here? Conditional Theories and Diverse Policies 153 Appendixes 181 Notes 225 References 259 Index 289
- Author BiographyFiliz Garip is professor of sociology at Cornell University.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.