All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHans Florine has ascended the Nose route of El Capitan over one hundred times. This book describes the most dangerous, pivotal, and inspirational of those climbs --Provided by publisher.
- Author BiographyIn addition to his climbing accolades, Hans Florine is the coauthor of Speed Climbing, and has contributed to three other books, as well as written articles for Rock and Ice and Climbing. Hans served as executive director of the American Sport Climbers Federation from 1992 to 1996, and is currently an Ambassador for The Access Fund, as well as manager and shareholder at Touchstone Climbing & Fitness, the largest climbing gym chain in the country. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, and maintains strong relationships, fundraising and otherwise, with Yosemite Conservancy, Outward Bound, The Access Fund, American Safe Climbing Association, American Alpine Club, Sierra Club, and Nature Bridge. He is also a professional motivational speaker, delivering keynotes at trade shows, conferences, and college auditoriums worldwide, from local rotary club meetings to Fortune 500 events. Jayme Moye is an award-winning freelance journalist based in Boulder, Colo., and the former managing editor of Elevation Outdoors. She's a regular contributor at National Geographic Adventure, Men's Journal, Travel + Leisure, and Fodor's Travel Intelligence. She also writes for National Geographic Traveler, New York, ESPN, Women's Adventure, Bicycling, and Runner's World. In 2014, Moye was named Travel Writer of the Year by the North American Travel Journalists Association.
- Author(s)Hans Florine,Jayme Moye
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- GenreFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Note25 colour illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.