All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the author's celebrated study of the changing standards of behaviour of the secular upper classes in Western Europe since the Middle Ages, this title demonstrates how psychological changes in habitus and emotion management were linked to wider transformations in power relations.
- Author BiographyNORBERT ELIAS (1897-1990) was one of the greatest sociologists of the twentieth century. He studied in Breslau and Heidelberg and served as Karl Mannheim's assistant in Frankfurt. In exile after 1933, first in France and then in Britain, he wrote his magnum opus The Civilizing Process. His whole oeuvre is now appearing in new scholarly editions in the Collected Works in English. Stephen Mennell is Professor Emeritus of sociology at University College Dublin; Eric Dunning is Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of Leicester; Johan Goudsblom is Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of Amsterdam; Richard Kilminster is an Honorary Research Fellow in Sociology at the University of Leeds.
- Author(s)Norbert Elias
- PublisherUniversity College Dublin Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCollected Works of Norbert Elias
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintUniversity College Dublin Press
- Content Note14 colour plates
- Weight1179 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byEric Dunning,Johan Goudsblom,Richard Kilminster,Stephen Mennell
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.