All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe British surrealist movement was, as it were, ploughed under by the Second World War which, as Read spoke, was gathering force. Yet Surrealist output was vibrant and - at its best - durable, and now takes its place in the wider European context of literary Surrealism. This is an anthology of British surrealist writing in the world.
- Author BiographyMichel Remy is Professor of English Literature and Art History at the University of Nice and the leading authority on British Surrealism. He has published four books and over fifty articles on the subject. On the Thirteenth Stroke of Midnight: An Anthology of Surrealist Poetry in Britain can be considered as a companion volume to his Surrealism in Britain (Lund Humphries, 2001), the first comprehensive study of the movement and its achievements.
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Pagination245 pp
- Edited byMichel Remy
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.83
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.07Trending at £9.98
- £7.33Trending at £7.78
- £7.21Trending at £9.98
- £7.78Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.