All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
- £9.74Trending at £10.10
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1920s and 1930s constituted an unforgettable epoch in Wall Street history. The creation and destruction of wealth is mirrored in the life of Richard Whitney, the president of the New York Stock Exchange. The book also examines the drama, ruthlessness, greed, and fantasy of the era.
- Author BiographyJOHN BROOKS was an award-winning New Yorker staff writer and author of several critically acclaimed explorations of business and Wall Street. Besides Once in Golconda, these include The Go-Go Years (Wiley), The Games Players, Business Adventures, and The Fate of the Edsel. Yale Law Journal said of him, John Brooks . may well be the best historian of high and low finance since . Charles Francis Adams and his brother Henry chronicled the rascalities of Jim Fisk, Jay Gould, Daniel Drew, and Cornelius Vanderbilt more than a century ago.
- Author(s)John Brooks
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/1999
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleWiley Investment Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight504 g
- Width143 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.