All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.13
- £9.88Trending at £11.89
- £10.75Trending at £10.97
- £16.29Trending at £19.08
- £4.00Trending at £4.70
- £4.84Trending at £4.97
- £10.15Trending at £13.48
About this product
- DescriptionFinally, Silverman traces the formative influence of Franz Boas, the expansion of the discipline after World War II, and the fault lines and promises of contemporary anthropology in the United States.
- Author BiographyFredrik Barth is research fellow at the Norwegian Ministry of Culture and professor of anthropology at Boston University. Andre Gingrich is professor in the Department for Social and Cultural Anthropology at the University of Vienna and head of the Anthropology Unit at the Austrian Academy of Sciences. Robert Parkin is departmental lecturer in social anthropology at Oxford University. Sydel Silverman is president emerita of the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research and professor emerita of anthropology at the City University of New York.
- Author(s)Andre Gingrich,Fredrik Barth,Robert Parkin,Sydel Silverman
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2005
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleHalle Lectures
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.