All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £22.27Trending at £23.75
- £14.70Trending at £15.82
- £21.79Trending at £30.03
- £15.99Trending at £18.99
- £11.57Trending at £13.48
- £10.91Trending at £14.28
- £8.91Trending at £10.10
About this product
- DescriptionFor everyone whose life has been touched by cancer, One Renegade Cell tells the story of the search for the ultimate causes of this dreaded disease. 2 line drawings.
- Author BiographyA Founding Member of Whitehead Institute, Robert A. Weinberg is a pioneer in cancer research most widely known for his discoveries of the first human oncogene,a gene that causes normal cells to form tumors,and the first tumor suppressor gene. Weinberg, who received his Ph.D. in biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969, has held research positions at the Weizmann Institute and the Salk Institute. In 1982, Weinberg helped found Whitehead Institute, joined the faculty as a professor of biology at MIT, and published his landmark paper Mechanism of Activation of a Human Oncogene in the journal Nature. In 1999, another major paper, Creation of Human Tumor Cells with Defined Genetic Elements, was also published in Nature.
- Author(s)Robert A. Weinberg
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication17/09/1999
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.