All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne for Sorrow is filled with sayings, legends and proverbs derived from the oral history of the countryside and unveils how they came about, what they mean, and how they came to be such a big part of the language we use today.
- Author BiographyChloe Rhodes is a freelance writer and journalist whose work has appeared in The Telegraph, The Times and The Independent on Sunday, as well as in several other national publications. Her previous books include A Certain Je Ne Sais Quoi: Words We Pinched From Other Languages. Although she grew up in Greater London, she has an inherited love of folklore: one side of her family were fenland farmers who relied on weather lore for their livelihoods, and the other took pride in passing down the songs and legends of their Irish ancestry.
- Author(s)Chloe Rhodes
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £3.85Trending at £4.48
- £10.82Trending at £12.99
- £14.79Trending at £16.88
- £7.65Trending at £9.97
- £6.02Trending at £9.98
- £20.83Trending at £21.31
- £4.99Trending at £6.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.