All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2006 ex St Helens, Hull and Wakefield rugby league full back Steve Prescott was diagnosed with cancer and given months to live. One in a Million is his story from a top level rugby league player, to a harrowing tale of battling cancer. Amongst this, Steve undertook a series of phenomenal challenges and raised half a million pounds for charity.
- Author BiographySteve Prescott MBE was a dashing double winning full back for his hometown St Helens who went on to shine for Hull, Wakefield, Lancashire, Ireland and England before a knee injury prematurely cut short his career. He played the game with determination and style and that battling spirit was needed from September 2006 when he was diagnosed with a rare form of abdominal cancer. Tackling the disease head on, he completed a series of gruelling physical challenges under the umbrella of the Steve Prescott Foundation which raised more than GBP520,000 for charity. He was supported every step of the way in his battle by his wife Linzi. Steve's sons Taylor and Koby have now taken on the sporting baton. Although a ground-breaking organ transplant finally rid Steve of pseudomyxoma peritonei, he passed away on November 9, 2013 following complications.
- Author(s)Linzi Prescott,Mike Critchley,Steve Prescott
- PublisherVertical Editions
- Date of Publication02/05/2015
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationSkipton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertical Editions
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £19.36Trending at £24.52
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £5.19Trending at £5.33
- £4.63Trending at £4.77
- £4.95Trending at £5.78
- £11.33Trending at £14.88
- £5.10Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.