Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the NeOn Methodology Framework, which includes nine scenarios for collaboratively building ontologies and ontology networks. It provides the reader with a description of the key activities relevant to the ontology engineering life-cycle.
- Author BiographyMari Carmen Suarez-Figueroa is a senior researcher at the Ontological Engineering Group (OEG) at Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (UPM), and also a teaching assistant of the Artificial Intelligence Department at the UPM's Facultad de Informatica. Her research activities include methodologies for ontology (network) development, ontology (network) development, ontology design patterns, ontology development tools, ontology evaluation, Linked Data and the Semantic Web. She has participated in different European and Spanish research projects and co-organized different workshops and tutorials in the ontology engineering field. Asuncion Gomez-Perez is a full professor and Director of the Ontological Engineering Group (OEG) at the UPM, and also Director of the Artificial Intelligence Department at the UPM's Facultad de Informatica. Her main research areas are ontological engineering, Semantic Web and knowledge management. She has published more than 150 papers and is the author of two books in these fields. In addition, Asuncion has been Co-Director of the International Summer School on Ontological Engineering and the Semantic Web since 2003. Enrico Motta is professor of Knowledge Technologies at the Knowledge Media Institute (KMi) of The Open University in the UK. He is one of the leading scientists in Semantic Technologies and the author of more than 200 peer-reviewed publications. He has acted as an advisor to several national and international organizations for strategic research programs in a variety of countries, including the US, UK, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Estonia, Finland, and Switzerland, and he has also collaborated with several major organizations, including Nokia, Rolls Royce, Fiat, Philips, and the United Nations. Lastly, Enrico is founder and Director of the International Summer School on Ontology Engineering and the Semantic Web. Aldo Gangemi is a senior researcher at the CNR Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technology in Rome, and head of the Semantic Technology Lab, where he has worked in medical informatics, knowledge engineering, semantic technologies, and the Semantic Web. His research focuses on pattern-based ontology design, semantic social networks, hybridization of NLP, lexical and semantic resources, and meta-models for heterogeneous knowledge integration; he has published more than 100 articles in these areas. He has also coordinated the Working Group for the Standardization of Metadata and Semantics in the e-Services of the Italian Public Administration, and the W3C Task Force on Porting WordNet to the Semantic Web.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication24/03/2012
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight842 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAldo Gangemi,Asuncion Gomez-Perez,Enrico Motta,Mari Carmen Suarez-Figueroa
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.