All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides both an overview and an array of insights into aspects of the Olympic Games' history. This book explores the origins of the Games, compares the ancient and the modern, discusses the organisation and financing of such massive athletic festivals, and examines the participation, or the troubling lack of it, by women.
- Author BiographyGerald P. Schaus is a professor of archaeology and Classical studies and former chair of the department at Wilfrid Laurier University, where he also teaches ancient sports. He is publishing the results of Canadian excavations in the Athena Sanctuary Stymphalos (Greece). Stephen R. Wenn is a professor in Wilfrid Laurier Universityas Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education. He is co-author of Selling the Five Rings: The IOC and the Rise of Olympic Commercialism (2002).
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication07/12/2007
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteb/w photos & illus
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGerald P. Schaus,Stephen R. Wenn
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £17.11
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £10.02
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.73Trending at £9.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.