All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKnown as the female James Bond , former Director General of MI5, Stella Rimington, tells her life story. She discusses her personal life and her professional life; how she coped as a single parent, how she had originally chosen a safe career, and how she became the head of British Intelligence.
- Author BiographyBorn and educated in England, Stella Rimington joined the Security Service (MI5) part-time in 1965, while she was in India accompanying her husband on a posting to the British High Commission in New Delhi. On her return to the UK she joined MI5 as a full-time employee. During her career in MI5, Stella Rimington worked in all the main fields of the Service's responsibilities - counter-subversion, counter-espionage and counter-terrorism - and became successively Director of all three branches. She was appointed Director-General of MI5 in 1992. She was made a Dame Commander of the Bath (DCB) in 1995, and retired from MI5 in 1996, to take up various non-executive directorships and charity work.
- Author(s)Stella Rimington
- Date of Publication13/09/2001
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date03/08/2005
- Content Note8 b&w photos
- Weight585 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jockey161216 Nov, 2016by
Good insight into the secret service
The book was interesting reading, was easy to read and I think was reasonably accurate in its content
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £5.90Trending at £11.68
- £6.58Trending at £7.05
- £14.01Trending at £20.58
- £14.56Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £11.94Trending at £20.15
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.