Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn insightful and comprehensive historical account of a hugely successful and surprisingly overlooked Second World War operation. Takes as its focus a daring low-level raid which has been considered by some to be even more historically significant than the Dambuster raid.
- Author BiographyArthur Thorning pursued a career in aviation, firstly in industry and then for twenty-one years with the UK Civil Aviation Authority. Since 1995 he has worked as an independent aviation consultant. He is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and a Past Master of the Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators. He is the author of The Dambuster Who Cracked the Dam: The Story of Melvin 'Dinghy' Young, published by Pen and Sword Books in 2008. This book represents a collaborative effort in affiliation with Kees Rijken - who was an eye-witness to the raid - and Paul Schepers, whose original research into the raid forms the backbone of Thorning's narrative. Both are citizens of Eindhoven. This publication is a joint work by all three authors.
- Author(s)Kees Rijken,Paul Schepers
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Aviation
- Content Note87 illustrations and 8 maps
- Weight658 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £27.00Trending at £37.22
- £27.10Trending at £39.94
- £17.32Trending at £18.01
- £9.50Trending at £16.53
- £19.17Trending at £19.49
- £4.97Trending at £6.99
- £8.83Trending at £9.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.