All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £39.98Trending at £43.13
- £66.36Trending at £79.67
- £109.35Trending at £139.78
- £26.10Trending at £27.72
- £25.73Trending at £27.77
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows readers how to manage operational risk, improve the quality and stability of earnings, and reduce the probability of failure by optimizing risk. It shows financial institutions how to provide investors with the best approaches for assessing the standing of firms and determining their true potential.
- Author BiographyBRENDON YOUNG is recognized internationally as a leading expert in risk management. He is chairman of the Operational Risk Research Forum and founding president of the Institute of Operational Risk. He has been an advisor to prominent financial institutions including Moody's and the Financial Reporting Council Board of Actuarial Standards. He has published papers and lectured widely, giving presentations at the FSA, the Bank of England, BaFin, the Dutch National Bank, the OCC, and the New York State Banking Department. Previously, he was director of Arthur Andersen's risk research centre. In academia he was business school associate dean, responsible for risk research and business development. His early career was in consultancy with Deloitte and later in venture capital. Initially he trained in industry with Rolls-Royce aero-engines and Jaguar Cars, qualifying both as a chartered engineer and a chartered management accountant. RODNEY COLEMAN , until recently, was a senior lecturer in mathematics at Imperial College London, specialising in statistics and quantitative finance. He has given presentations widely on loss data analysis, in Europe, Canada and the United States and Korea. He has been involved with operational risk research for more than 12 years, and is a founding fellow of the Institute of Operational Risk and an Associate Editor of the Journal of Operational Risk . He was an author of the first published academic paper on applying statistical methods to model loss data for quantifying operational risk. He has been closely associated with the Operational Risk Research Forum since its beginnings, and addressed its meetings at BaFin and the New York State Banking Department. He has given presentations at the Dutch National Bank, the Oprisk Europe Conference, the Institute of Actuaries Actuarial Teaching and Research Conference, the Actuarial Studies in Non-Life Insurance UK meeting, and widely including universities in Canada, Italy and Korea. He is a fellow of the Royal Statistical Society and a member of the International Statistical Institute.
- Author(s)Brendon Young,Rodney Coleman
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2009
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight938 g
- Width175 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.