Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
About this product
- DescriptionOpportunities is a five-level course for teenagers. Modules of topic-based units provide rich, contemporary content based on a wide variety of information themes. With a discovery approach to grammar and an upfront focus on vocabulary, Opportunities ensures the most effective language learning for students.
- Author BiographyMichael Harris has taught in Spain, Bolivia and Colombia. From 1982 to 1992 he taught at the British Institute for Young Learners in Madrid, where he was responsible for setting up the Junior Department (11-14 year olds). From 1992 to 1996 he also taught English at the University of Alcala de Henares. At the moment he is involved in teacher training in Spain and other parts of the world. Michael is the co-author of World Class (Longman, 1994), Worldcup (Longman, 2000) and the new five-level secondary course Opportunities (Longman, 2002 Website: www.longman.com/opportunities). He has also published articles and methodology books on the following topics: Syllabus design; self-assessment: continuos assessment and testing: learner development: oral skills: culture and language learning. Anna Sikorzynska has worked as a teacher and teacher trainer in Poland for fifteen years in various contexts: state schools, private language schools, universities, pre-service and in service teacher training. She also writes and reviews exam materials for the national exam board. She's worked at Warsaw University, English Teacher Training College since 1991, teaching English grammar and methodology of teaching English as a foreign language. Her main professional interest is teaching grammar. She has written and co-written various books, including exam preparation materials, methodology resource books for teachers and the five-level course for upper-secondary students 'Opportunities' (with Michael Harris and David Mower). David Mower has many years' experience as an English teacher in locations as diverse as Manchester and Casablanca. For several years he taught Spanish teenagers at the British Council for Young Learners, before moving to Kensington School in Madrid where he taught 11-17 year olds. Together with Michael Harris he is the co-author of World Class (Longman, 1994), World Club (Longman, 2000) and Opportunities (Longman, 2000).
- Author(s)David Mower,Michael Harris
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication17/08/2000
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Series TitleOpportunities
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps, ports.
- Weight480 g
- Width193 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.