All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £16.56Trending at £25.03
- £22.52Trending at £23.14
- £21.48Trending at £23.41
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
- £28.95Trending at £29.77
About this product
- DescriptionInterference is at the core of many types of optical detection and is a powerful probe of cellular and tissue structure. This book presents the fundamental physics of optical interferometry as applied to biophysical, biological and medical research.
- Author BiographyDavid D. Nolte is a professor of Physics at Purdue University, working in the field of holographic optics and biophotonics. He has been elected a Fellow of the Optical Society of America and a Fellow of the American Physical Society. He was a Research Fellow of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and a Presidential Young Investigator of the National Science Foundation. In 2005 he received the Herbert Newby McCoy Award, the highest scientific honor awarded by Purdue University.David received his baccalaureate from Cornell University in 1981 and his Ph.D from the University of California at Berkeley in 1988. He is the author of over two hundred journal papers, book chapters and encyclopedia articles, and has secured a dozen US patents in applied optics and biophotonics.David is also the author of the trade non-fiction book Mind at Light Speed published in 2001 by Free Press, which describes the history and technology of optical telecommunications. He is a popular lecturer, receiving the Best Teaching Award for undergraduate teaching in physics, and has been interviewed on public radio and by science magazines on the topics of his scientific research.
- Author(s)David D. Nolte
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/12/2011
- Series TitleBioanalysis
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 Tables, black and white; XII, 354 p. 209 illus., 118 illus. in color.
- Weight713 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.