CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £6.67Trending at £7.00
- £16.70Trending at £21.01
- £15.72Trending at £17.47
- £26.62Trending at £27.37
- £7.73Trending at £10.68
- £17.29Trending at £27.98
- £23.56Trending at £25.87
About this product
- DescriptionBased on Oracle8i, release 8.1, this text contains detailed information about Oracle internals (data structures, algorithms, hidden parameters, and undocumented system statistics). Main topics include wits, latches, locks and memory use and management.
- Author BiographySteve Adams runs a small consulting company, Ixora, that specializes in advanced Unix and Oracle performance tuning. He is based in Sydney, Australia, but also works remotely for clients in America and Europe. Steve is a regular contributor to various Oracle discussion forums on the Internet, where he is widely regarded as the leading performance expert. His experience with Oracle dates back to version 3 (1984). However, most of his work has been in Unix performance tuning. His interest in Oracle--and Oracle internals in particular--was rekindled when working as the Unix performance expert on a benchmark of an Oracle-based application in 1995. He found the challenge of understanding Oracle performance to be extremely demanding, and yet irresistible. Steve doesn't yet claim to have mastered the topic of Oracle performance, but he does have plenty of insight to share. He can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or via his company's web site at http://www.ixora.com.au/.
- Author(s)Steve Adams
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication08/10/1999
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.