All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Joop Koster,Leon Smiers,Manas Deb,Prasen Palvankar
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note261 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Table Of ContentsSECTION I: CASE MANAGEMENT Basics of Case Management Unexpected Surprises (or Shocks) Handling of Credit Card Rewards Disputes Case Management: Basics Creating Case Management Solutions ACM and Business Agility Summary Adaptive Case Management (ACM)-Related Topics Adaptive Systems and ACM Dynamic, Production and Adaptive Case Management (DCM, PCM, and ACM) Process Management and Case Management: Friends or Foes? Adoption of Case Management: Capability Maturity Considerations Making the Business Case for Case Management Summary SECTION II: CASE MANAGEMENT SOLUTION FRAMEWORK Case Management Functional Design Introduction Principles for the Solution Design Components Design Components Design Template Conclusion Case Management Classifications Introduction Forrester Case Management Classifications Common Principles for the Classifications Service Request Classification Incident Management Case Classification Investigative Case Classification Conclusion Determine Solution Mapping Introduction Techniques Used to Determine the Impact of Functionality onto the IT Landscape Perform a Functional Decomposition Using CORA Application Layers Determine Required Technology Capabilities Decide What Technologies to Use Conclusion Concluding Remarks: How to Use the Case Management Solution Framework Section III: ORACLE TECHNOLOGY Oracle BPM/ACM Introduction Oracle BPM/ACM/SOA Suite Overview Oracle BPM/ACM Usage Characteristics Case Management Lifecycle Functionality with Oracle BPM/ACM Case Management Interaction Functionality with Oracle SOA Suite Case Management Information Functionality with Oracle BPM/ACM/ SOA Suite Cross-Functional Case Management Capabilities Conclusion Siebel Introduction Oracle Siebel Overview Oracle Siebel Usage Characteristics Case Management Information Functionality with Oracle Siebel Case Management Life Cycle Functionality with Oracle Siebel Case Management Interaction Functionality with Oracle Siebel Cross-Functional Case Management Capabilities Conclusion Oracle Service Cloud Introduction Oracle Service Cloud Overview Oracle Service Cloud Usage Characteristics Case Management Interaction Functionality with Oracle Service Cloud Case Management Information Functionality with the Oracle Service Cloud Case Management Life Cycle Functionality with Oracle Service Cloud Cross-Functional Case Management Capabilities Conclusion Intelligence in Relation to the Case Execution Introduction Case Intelligence Design Oracle Intelligence Products Summary Concluding Remarks SECTION IV: CASE MANAGEMENT EXAMPLES Mortgage Request Handling Introduction Reading Guide Mortgage Request and Business Challenges Deriving a Solution Based upon the Case Management Solution Framework Conclusion Citizen Services in the Public Sector Introduction Reading Guide Welfare Request and Business Challenges Deriving a Solution Based upon the Case Management Solution Framework From Crime to Court Introduction Reading Guide Police Investigation and Business Challenges Solution Design Aspects Conclusion End-to-End Insurance Claim Management Introduction Reading Guide Insurance Claims and Challenges Deriving a Solution Based upon the Case Management Solution Framework Conclusion Case Management Examples: Concluding Remarks SECTION V: TUTORIAL Oracle BPM/ACM Tutorial Introduction Credit Card Charge Dispute: Use Case Installation and Tutorial Files Key Elements of Oracle Adaptive Case Management Implement the Case with Oracle ACM Deploy and Test Summary Appendix Siebel Tutorial Introduction Siebel Implementation Approach Using the Police Investigation Application Conclusion Concluding Remarks Appendix Index
- Author BiographyLeon Smiers works as a Solution Architect for Capgemini, The Netherlands in the area of Oracle Technology and Architecture, where he is one of the leading Oracle specialists. He has done a lot of work and research in the field of integration and new technologies, like RFID, SOA, EDA, BPM, and case management, on which he wrote articles and presented at international conferences. Currently Leon is setting up Solution Architectures for large Oracle based projects and is the Oracle BPM Thought leader for Capgemini. Based on his close cooperation with Oracle development and product management, Leon was awarded the Oracle ACE title in 2010. Leon is co-inventor of the Common Reference Architecture mode or CORA model, which helps in getting control over the IT landscape in a Hybrid environment and delivers a predictable, repeatable, and risk-aware solution design (http://www.coramodel.com). Manas Deb is a senior director in the Fusion Middleware/SOA and BPM Suite product group at Oracle HQ. He he has been leading outbound product management globally and his current focus is on strategic customer engagements. Manas has worked in the software industry for over 20 years, most of which was spent in product development and management, and on architecting and leading many enterprise-level application development and business integration projects in a variety of industries. Manas attended post-graduate studies at the University of Texas at Austin. He has a PhD in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, as well as an MBA. Prasen Palvankar is a director of Product Management at Oracle and currently leads product management of Case Management, Business Activity Monitoring, and Oracle Business Rules products in the Oracle BPM Suite product family. Prasen has more than 20 years of work experience in all aspects of software application development, including consulting, solution and enterprise architecture, business integration, process management, and advanced training development and delivery. Joop Koster is an experienced Oracle Solution Architect, CRM, and Front-Office Consultant. He has 15 years of IT Consulting experience and more than 10 years of management experience in the Printing Industry. He is familiar with Front-Office, Contact Center, Multi-Channel customer interaction, and CRM technologies. He has broad experience in marketing, sales, and services processes and technologies and has worked in both B2B and B2C environments.
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £29.42Trending at £29.90
- £4.99Trending at £7.11
- £15.72Trending at £16.13
- £6.79Trending at £8.79
- £13.57Trending at £14.64
- £29.13Trending at £33.15
- £23.56Trending at £31.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.