Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Andrei Straumanis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1050 g
- Width215 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementInternational Edition
- Table Of ContentsIntro Organic Chemistry: a Guided Inquiry. 1. Bond Angles and Shape. 2. Lewis Structures. 3. Electron Orbitals. 4. Polar Bonds, Polar Reactions. 5. Resonance. 6. Alkanes & Alkenes. 7. Cycloalkanes. 8. Addition via Carbocation. 9. Addition via Cyclic Intermediate. 10. Oxidation and Reduction. 11. Addition to Alkynes. 12. Chirality. 13. Substitution. 14. Elimination. 15. Radical Reactions. 16. Synthesis Workshop 1. 17. Conjugation and Molecular Orbital (MO) Theory. 18. Aromaticity. 19. EAS: Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution. 20. Acidity and pKa of Phenols. 21. NAS: Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution. 22. Synthesis Workshop 2. 23. Addition to a Carbonyl. 24. Carboxylic Acids & Derivatives. 25. Enolate & Enol Nucleophiles. 26. Aldol and Claisen Reactions. 27. Amines. Summary of Synthetic Transformations. Index. Table of pKa Values by Structure.
- Author BiographyAndrei Straumanis has a B.A. in Chemistry from Oberlin College and a PhD in organic chemistry from Stanford University. During a three-year NSF-supported post-doctoral fellowship in SMET education, Dr. Straumanis developed and tested materials for guided inquiry organic chemistry. Since 1997, he has given numerous talks and workshops on active learning in organic chemistry and the use of guided inquiry in large classrooms.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.18Trending at £5.98
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.24Trending at £25.00
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.21
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £10.09Trending at £10.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.