All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis helpful, useful, practical book presents the most important achievements in organic chemistry over the past decade, summarizing such major developments as C-H activation, organocatalysis, and supramolecular chemistry. Each chapter contains two or three personal, hitherto unpublished, commentaries by leading experts on the topic.
- Author BiographyKuiling Ding received his B.S. degree from Zhengzhou University (1985) and a Ph.D. from Nanjing University (1990). He was a faculty member of Zhengzhou University from 1990 to 1998. He was engaged in postdoctoral research at Ryukoku University during 1993-1994. He spent another year at TIT as a UNESCO research fellow before joined the faculty of the Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC) in 1999, where he is currently a professor of organic chemistry and director of SIOC. His research interests include the development of new methodologies and chiral catalysts for asymmetric reactions. Professor Ding has co-authored over 100 scientific publications and fourteen patents. He has also received numerous scientific awards, including the National Natural Science Award of China, Shanghai Peony Award for Natural Science and Eli Lilly Scientific Excellence Award in Chemistry. He is currently serving the International Advisory Board of several journals including Eur. J. Org. Chem, Asian J. Org. Chem., Chem. Commun., Adv. Synth. Cat., Curr. Org. Synth. and ChemPlusChem., as well as the editorial board of Catal. Sci. Tech. Li-Xin Dai is Professor at the Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC), Chinese Academy of Sciences. He graduated from Zhejiang University in 1947 and joined the SIOC in 1953. He is the Honorary President of Shanghai Society of Chemistry and Chemical Industry, the Academic Committee Board Member of SIOC and the Honorary Board Member of Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry. His research interests include the design of chiral ligands and their applications in asymmetric catalysis. He was elected as the Member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1993. He has co-authored over 150 scientific publications and has received numerous scientific awards, including Ho Leung Ho Lee Prize and the National Natural Science Award of China.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight1786 g
- Width173 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byKuiling Ding,Li-Xin Dai
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.