All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.83
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.07Trending at £9.98
- £7.33Trending at £7.78
- £7.21Trending at £9.98
- £7.78Trending at £8.98
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLiterary & Cultural Theory
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byTadeusz Rachwal,Tadeusz Slawek
- Table Of ContentsContents: Tadeusz Rachwal/Tadeusz Slawek: An Introductory Note - John Simons: Nietzsche, Darwin and Balaam's Ass - Marek Wilczynski: Organic Chemistry. Body and Flesh in the Economy of Transcendentalism - Marta Wiszniowska: You are my wife, my mother, my sister: you are the sum of all loving care to me. From Marriage a la mode to Marriage of Commitment - Malgorzata Nitka: Of Metaphors and Machines - Ewa Borkowska: Pater's Ploughmen's Organic Appreciations - Thomas Anessi: Jane Porter's Thaddeus of Warsaw and the Evolution of the English Historical Novel - Rafal Boryslawski: Imperial Anglo-Saxonism: On the Organic Roots of the English Sense of Superiority in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries - Zbigniew Bialas: The Route to King Solomon's Mines - Erhard Reckwitz: Thomas Pringle and the Failure of Romantic Organicism in South Africa - Allan Parkinson: Between the Clockwork and the Living Universe - Rafal Dubaniowski: 'No wish profaned my overwhelmed heart': the Organic Phantasms of S. T. Coleridge - Piotr Zazula: Baudelaire's Metropolis - an Organic Machine - Bruno F. Arich-Gerz: Texture - Bernd Herzogenrath: The Education of Henry Adams: A Physical Theory of Heredity/Heresy - Joseph Kuhn: The insane green: Abnormal Psychology and the Organic in the Literature of the South - Magdalena Zapedowska: The Figure of the Tree in Nineteenth-Century Discourse - Gerald Majer: Organicism and Contagion in Bagehot's Physics and Politics - Daria Mionskowska: Duality of orders in Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens - Aneta Wojtasik: The Organic World of Alice in Wonderland.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Tadeusz Rachwal is Professor of English at the University of Silesia and Chair of the Department of British Culture and Literature. He published articles and books on eighteenth-century British literature and philosophy. Tadeusz Slawek is Professor of English at the University of Silesia, Poland. At the moment he is holding the position of the University Rector. He is also author of numerous publications on English and American literature, literary theory and postmodern philosophy.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.